Note: Affiliate links are included in this post
One of the greatest parts about children growing up is their ability to start reasoning. This, of course, starts at a very early age, and it’s awesome to recognize. Both my kids love logic puzzles, I used to start each day off with a puzzle printed and placed on their desk. It was a great way to start off every day and keep them engaged. I started to look for free sites and wanted to share them with you, my fellow Mommas.
Here are some good sites, for free Printable Logic and Critical Thinking:
- 20Q-It’s really not a good place to get printables, but my kids LOVE it. If you ever need to keep the kids busy in the car, this is the website for you. Users put in their ages, male or female and then they think of an object (you can choose between animal, mineral, vegetable, concept or unknown) and they the computer asks 20 questions and sees if it can guess it. There are also “special modes” that you can choose Star Wars, Disney, Marvel and more. (LOTS and LOTS of fun)
- Printable Logic Puzzles-This website has hundreds of you guessed it, printable logic puzzles. from easy to extremely hard.
- Tests, Tests, Tests-My kids fell in love with the game “Are You As Smart As a 5th Grader,” and they were thrilled when I printed out the test. It has everything from cats to What Halloween Candy fits your personality.
- Logic Puzzles-I like this site, because I can customize the difficulty of the puzzles and just print.
- Brainy Maze-The free mazes from the simplest to the most complex, is awesome.
- Free Printable Sodoku Puzzles-Choose yours how hard, and then just print
- Puzzle Online -All types of puzzles/games/deductive reasoning puzzles and more, great site, tons and tons of variations
- BrainBashers-Great site even has a puzzle of the day
- Kid’s Page-Great web page that has any type of logic problem you would want, they have word game, puzzle games, maze games and more.
- Word Juxtapoz-The funniest website where they have unique brain teasers, games and more.
Filed Under: Homeschooling, Resources
Worksheets and No Prep Teaching Resources
Critical Thinking Skills Worksheets
Kids pick the pages to complete. Make as many as you want, a new workbook is created each time. The mixed critical thinking skills worksheets will ensure that your students will be sharp and ready for higher level thinking challenges! Brain teasers will become brain pleasers with these creative, stimulating worksheets that students will love to do just for fun.
When students are not taught critical thinking skills at the lower grade levels, teachers at higher grade levels (even at the college level) have to begin their teaching efforts here before they are able to begin core subject instruction. Fortunately, teaching critical thinking skills is anything but rote or boring, and is often best accomplished through games and puzzles. Students as young as preschool can begin learning critical thinking without being aware that they are doing anything other than completing fun games and worksheets. The earlier you start instruction in the area of critical thinking skills, the more naturally your students will begin to think this way in all of their subject areas.
Critical thinking is a vital skill that students need throughout their lives. These lively worksheets for first grade through high school cover a wide range of skills, from logic and sequencing to Sudoku, Masyu, and Hidato puzzle solving that will please and entertain students at any level.