The Internet has brought many changes into our day to day life. Nowadays we can do things such as mailing, contacting, banking and communication much faster. Is this a positive or negative development?
The internet has revolutionized our lives. It has changed the way we connect with our friends and family. It has changed the way we access information and buy things. It has enabled people to work from their home. In my opinion, the internet has more positive impacts than negative impacts on our lives.
The internet has made information accessible to everyone. Much of the content on the internet is free. Anyone who has an internet connection can access it from any part of the world. Having an internet connection is a bit like having access to all the books in the world. In my opinion, this is the biggest advantage of the internet. Because of it, people can now get medical and financial advice online. Students can prepare for their tests online.
Internet also allows us to buy and sell things online from the comfort of our home. Online transactions save time and money. Another advantage of the internet is its ability to facilitate communication. Thanks to technologies such as video conferencing, people living in different parts of the world can now participate in online conferences at the same time. This eliminates the need for them to travel to another country just for the sake of attending a conference.
The internet has its fair share of disadvantages too. Plenty of obscene and offensive content is available online. While surfing the internet, children might stumble upon this content accidentally. In recent times, anti-social elements have started using the internet to recruit youngsters. This has become a major threat to the security of nations.
To conclude, the internet has both positive and negative impacts; however, in my opinion the positives outweigh the negatives. It has connected the world and made opportunities available to everyone. In fact, today, it is impossible for us to imagine a life without the internet.
- IELTS sample essay: should internet be regulated?
- IELTS essay about the advantages and disadvantages of modern communication technologies
- Band 8 essay sample: The internet should be controlled
- IELTS essay: Is internet good or bad?
- Band 8 Essay: Public libraries are no longer required because of the internet
- Band 9 Essay Samples | Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Shopping
- Band 9 essay sample: The advantages and disadvantages of longevity
- IELTS essay about advantages and disadvantages of home appliances
- Band 9 essay sample: Advantages and disadvantages of working from home
- IELTS sample essay: Should governments provide free internet?
Introduction: Internet is a world-wide network of computerized devices and servers. Data travels to and fro among computer systems and servers.
Around three billion people around the world are using internet. The countries with largest number of internet users includes China, United States, and India.
The organization that provides the internet facility to users is called Internet Service Provider (ISP). They normally charge a usage based fees from the customers.
There are many advantages of internet.
- We can make donations online.
- We can send and receive information across large matrix of computer systems. Through email service, we can send messages for both business and personal purposes.
- Internet has opened doors for virtual online offices.
- During the festive season, we don’t need to visit crowed stores to buy our stuff. We can make online purchases at a bargain price.
- We can send birthday greeting cards through the internet.
- Before making any purchases, we can check online for user reviews of the products that we intend to buy.
- We can use social media applications on our personal computer and mobile devices. In this way, we can reconnect to our old school friends.
- We can gather information for new job openings. We can also apply online for jobs.
- We can earn online by doing freelancing jobs, selling online, completing surveys, affiliate marketing, etc.
- We can also sell old items that are of no use for us.
- During idle time, we can listen to music or watch a video.
Also read: Essay on Internet and Its Uses
The disadvantages of internet are:
- We often tend to purchase those extra items that we rarely need. Such purchases are a wastage of money.
- The internet is not free. Sometimes, it hurts while paying bills.
- There are hundreds of vendors selling products of various brands. We get confused with too many choices.
- The transaction cost levied by the payment gateway providers decreases the margin of the online sellers.
- Too many contradictory review leads us nowhere.
- The physical distance among loved ones is increasing.
- Somewhere the emotional connect between people are missing.
- We feel helpless when the internet connection is down.
- We always remain engaged with many online activities such as checking emails, socializing, chatting, online shopping, business-deals, etc. We don’t get time to rest.
- Our life is moving at the pace of internet. We seldom spare few moments of peace for us.
We have the intellect to make smart choices. We should not allow internet to distract or disturb our mind. We should use it in a way that brings harmony in life.
Category: Essays, Paragraphs and Articles